This website has been designed to promote the teaching of mathematics in ways that are visually stimulating, for pupils of a wide range of abilities in Key Stages 3, 4 and even 5.
As a teacher in an 11-18 comprehensive school my objectives are to:
- Increase pupils' self-esteem in mathematics lessons
- Challenge preconceptions of what maths is
- Explore the beauty of maths
- Increase pupil motivation and enjoyment
- Make connections between different areas of maths in a meaningful way
- Make cross-curricular links
- Develop pupils'independent learning skills
Not all pupils who are 'good at maths' like maths
This site is a collation of some of the inspiring ideas I have come across - I make few claims to originality and I welcome suggestions from other teachers...